I am on cookies mania...Cookies take less time to prepare than the cakes and that is the fact that I love to work with them.As I could hear the christmas bell ringing I thought posting a choco cookies would be apt for the festive..
This recipe is an eggless one and it tastes similar to the one that is available in cookie shops..
Celebrate the christmas with lots of cookies ...
Recipe Source:Rak's Kitchen
1 Cup of All purpose flour/Maida
1/4 Cup of unsalted butter
1/4 Cup of Choco Chips
6 Tbsp of Sugar
1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
1 to 2 Tbsp of Milk
THIS IS HOW I MADE IT....
In a bowl sieve the maida,Baking powder,Baking soda together.Keep the dry mixture aside.
In another mixing bowl add softened butter and sugar.
Whisk it till it becomes creamy.
Add Vanilla essence and Choco chips.
Then add the dry mixture (maida+baking soda n powder) to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
Crumble it nicely ..
Then add milk and mix it into dough consistency.
Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C for 5 minutes.
Make small balls from the dough.I made a ball of about 3 cms in diameter.
Then flatten them.Don't flatten them much or else you will end up in crispy biscuits rather than a soft and chewy inside..
Bake them at 170 degrees C.
It took 12 minutes for me to bake them.
Switch off the oven when the base turns brown.The top will remain white only.
- You can replace half a quantity of normal sugar with brown sugar too.
- Don't add too much of choco chips.It will give a bitter taste.
- Don't cook the cookies for more time.If so it will give a bitter taste.
- It took 12 minutes for my oven and the time may differ according to the oven capacity.
- Instead of choco chips you can also add small pieces of bar chocolates (cut into small pieces )
- The outer layer remains crispy and the inner one is softer.
- As you had added baking soda and baking powder don't let the dough sit for longer hours.