I wanted to post something special for this special festival and want it to be done in less time too.Suddenly I remembered a burfi which my mom used to make whenever we pester her for sweets...
As the name says ..It is 3 Cups of sugar and 1 cup of four items mixed and made to a burfi...So totally 7 cups and hence the name 7 cups..
It is very easy to make and doesn't need much of expertise..
For the recipe please press READ MORE below..
3 Cups of Sugar
1 Cup of Ghee/Clarified butter
1 Cup of milk(Boiled n cooled)
1 Cup of shredded coconut/Dry coconut flakes
1 Cup of Besan/Kadalai maavu/Maida
Keep all the ingredients ready.If u are using Maida instead of besan then roast it in a pan by adding a tsp of ghee and then use it.
Take a heavy bottomed pan and add all the ingredients.
Then mix them without any lumps.
Grease the tray (into which u are going to cut the burfi ) with ghee.Keep it aside.
Heat the heavy bottomed pan in which we had mixed the ingredients.
Keep stirring for some time.
After some time u can note that the sugar had dissolved completely.
Keep stirring for some more time.After some time u can note bubbles being formed.
After few minutes when u stir u can note the mixture tends to solidify at the edges when we try to stir the mixture.This is the stage which we need to make a soft burfi.If u need little crunchy then take the mixture from the flame after some time.
Pour the mixture to the greased tray(Take a square/rectangular tray preferably to get equal sized burfis).
After few minutes when the mixture is semi hot cut it into pieces using a greased knife(Grease the knife with ghee before u cut the mixture)
It took half an hour for me to make this burfi.
- When u add maida instead of Besan then roast it in a pan with a tsp of ghee and then use it.
- Instead of milk coconut milk can also be used.
- Instead of fresh shredded coconut u can use koprai thengai(dry coconut flakes) too.
- Instead of coconut u can use almond powder/cashew powder/Sweetless Koya.
- U can add cardamom powder,pista flakes too to add some more flavour.
- Mine was little soft like the ghee mysorepa.If u want it little hard then stir it for some more time on flame.
- Level the mixture after u pour it on the tray.Level it with a greased knife(grease the knife with ghee).Levelling will give a smooth texture on all sides of the burfi.