This is the simplest breakfast that can be prepared in a jiffy..I often make this on busy mornings with a slight twist everytime..so that I see to it that I don't repeat the dishes and make it boring!!
It is very easy to make and all beginners can try out confidently..
For the recipe please press READ MORE below..
1 Cup of Aval/Poha
1 big no. of Onion
2 Tbsp of grated coconut(optional)
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp of oil
1 Tsp of mustard seeds
1 Tbsp of urad dhal
1 Tbsp of bengal gram
A pinch of hing/Asafoetida
A strand of curry leaves
1 Tbsp of broken cashewnuts(optional)
2-3 nos. of dried red chillies
1-2 nos. of green chillies
Wash the poha/Aval/Beaten rice with water nicely till u get rid of all impurities.
Soak it in water for 2-3 minutes.I used a thin poha/Aval.So I soaked it for few minutes.If u are using thick poha then soak it for 5 minutes in water.Then drain the water completely and keep it aside.
Chop the onions nicely and keep it aside.
In a pan add oil and then add mustard.leave it to splutter.
Then add urad dhal and channa dhal(bengal gram) and saute it till it gets brown.
Then add green chillies and red chillies.Make a slit in the green chilli before u add.Or else it will burst.
Then add hing,cashews,curry leaves
Add the soaked n drained poha and mix it well.
Add grated coconut and salt to taste.Mix well.
Serve it hot
- U can add turmeric powder too if u love to have the dish in a colourful way.
- Boiled and mashed potatoes can also be added instead of grated coconut.
- If u are using thick poha then soak it for 5 minutes
- If u are using thin poha soak it for 2-3 minutes only.Don't soak it for longer hours.
- Drain the water completely from the poha before adding to the fried onion.
- Grated carrot can also be added to enhance the taste..